Lake Charles Auto Accident Attorney
Louisiana advocate for those injured in car accidents
Whether a fender-bender or a catastrophic collision, if you suffer a personal injury in an auto accident, Thomas Townsley of The Law Office of Thomas E. Townsley, LLC fights to get you just compensation. A car accident can have a serious effect on an accident victim and his or her family. Our Lake Charles car accident lawyers handle the following types of cases:
What to do after an accident
If you are involved in an accident, please do the following:
- If you are hurt, get medical help as soon as possible after the accident.
- Never mention who was at fault.
- Try to get the names of witnesses and their contact information.
- If you have a camera or cell phone with a camera, take pictures of your vehicle and the other vehicles in the accident.
- Take pictures of the location of the accident.
- Report your claim to your insurance company, but do not give them statements about the accident.
- Do not give anyone statements before talking to a lawyer.
Louisiana is a comparative negligence state and responsibility or liability for a motor vehicle accident is determined by the percentages of fault that each involved party had in causing the accident. Please consult with Lake Charles auto accident lawyer, Mr. Townsley, as soon as you can after your accident.
Thomas Townsley can help you
As a Lake Charles car accident attorney, Mr. Townsley, researches the details of your case. He interviews witnesses, analyzes police reports and works with healthcare providers to assess the short- and long-term medical aspects of your case. Mr. Townsley understands Louisiana’s automobile, insurance and liability laws and guides you through the legal process.
Mr. Townsley tries to settle your case out of court first but when necessary, fights for your rights in court. Mr. Townsley always works to help you recover compensation from the parties who caused you harm.